Saturday, September 3, 2011

Zane - The Warrior Angel





Zane as a warrior angel for the calendar.




On September 2, 2011, before an interview with a news reporter from a local TV station I listened to a story Zane’s mother told me.  She asked “ Do you know how the idea of Zane being a warrior angel started?”  “No, please tell me” I said.

She explained that her and Zane had met a little girl named Kennedy and her mother on one of the elevators at Nationwide Childrens Hospital.
Ever since then the two families became friends.  Zane and Kennedy became rather close since they were both going for treatments at the Cath Lab.
One day Zane showed his mother a piece of art he had done in school.  Zane had cut pieces of white paper and taped them to another large piece of green paper.  He had drawn a face and armor on the body.  He also cut out wings and placed them on the back of the person holding a ball and chain.
Mom asked “What is it Zane what does it mean?”  Zane replied “It’s an angel mom a warrior angel to protect Kennedy!”  The mom always takes photographs of Zane’s work so she got her cell phone out and snapped away.  See Zane's art at the bottom of this post.
She showed me the photograph of the warrior angel and my heart began to pound.  “That is so amazing” I replied.  I asked Zane “I cannot believe this, when did you do this Zane?” He and his mom could not remember the actual date but they both said it must have been in January of this year or somewhere close to that.

In July 2011 I asked Zane’s mom if she would like to participate with the “Living Angels” calendar.  She responded with a big “Yes!”  We set a time for July 19th in the evening to photograph Zane for the calendar.
Just before I started to snap the shutter I asked Zane if he wanted to be a nice looking angel or would you rather be a tough protecting angel with a sword or spear.  He hesitated and said “A nice angel.” But then he suddenly changed his mind and said “A protecting angel!”
Without knowing the story of the piece of art I then photographed him with a spear and gave him the caption “How great the dignity of the soul, since each one has from his birth an angel commissioned to guard it”  - Saint Jerome

The main reason I am writing about this story is because ever since I started to take the images for the calendar there has been a higher force within me.  God!  The Lord has brought to me the people to be my angels and has shown me all the quotes to use with their images.  He has directed me where to go to obtain the calendar cover photograph.

Today I have to just thank Our God for allowing me to show to his people that there are truly angels in this world.  Angels to help each of us whether it be for prayer, a loving touch or just being a friend to help protect another soul.

Zane is a true warrior angel and has survived his life threatening illness to be able to be the protector to his dear friend, Kennedy.

Zane's art of his Warrior Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment