Friday, July 15, 2011

A is for Angie

Today was just a normal day for me as I headed into the studio around 1:45 today to meet a client.
Driving on Industrial Parkway just outside of Marysville I was intrigued by the cloud formations.  I noticed a cloud formation which resembled a perfect "A".  If I only had a camera with me ( I can hear some people in my head saying "You should always carry a camera with you!")  Today was a day that a camera was absolutely essential but I continued heading to the studio.
Since I have been working on the City of Angels calendar I was thinking maybe it's a good sign for the "A" stood for Angel.
My client did not show so I headed home around 4:00pm and received a text message from a friend saying " Angie has passed away."  My heart sank, my eyes teared and I had to stop my car for a few minutes.
Angie Sayers who is a very talented writer and loving friend to me and a lot of people was close to receiving her wings as the days went on.  She was a bone cancer patient which she had survived 5 years but not without complications.
It then struck me that the "A" was for Angie.  The tears became more like running water over a cliff.  The perfect "A" meant that Angie was looking down upon us and saying her goodbyes.
After drying the tears away and continuing my journey home plus wishing I had a camera with me I asked God to allow me to hold this image in my head.   I wanted to show the world that Angie's spirit was amongst the clouds heading her way to receive her wings.
You have to believe me but this drawing is exactly how the "A" appeared in the sky.  A lone cloud surrounded by larger clouds to present itself for all of us to see.
This image will remain with me for the rest of my life and I will always look to the skies for the "A" for Angie.
Rest well my dear friend and write all of the poems and journals of your voyage so we all can read them when we join you.

July 15, 2011

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for sharing this!!! I am wiping my tears!!! A is for Angie Angel!!!

    ReplyDelete